We encourage parents to review the following safety precautions with their children:
- Never give out personal information, such as your real name, age, location, phone number or school.
- Never share your password with anyone except your parents. Someone else might use your password and pretend to be you, give out your personal information or do something that may get you into trouble.
- Tell your parents if someone says or does something on the Internet that makes you uncomfortable, or if someone asks you for personal information.
- Choose a username that does not reflect your real identity. Avoid names that are in any way suggestive, even if they seem innocent to you.
- Avoid chat rooms that are not monitored by moderators.